Okay this is a fav of ours and pairs great with our At Altitude Sangiovese and our Bella Giornata Super Tuscan. What's great is that I just throw it all in my crockpot and a great dinner is ready when we are!
What you'll need:
- 6 - 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Pinch or two of crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of mushrooms - your choice
- 2 heaping tsp of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of dry wine
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper (red, yellow, green what ever you like)
- 2 - 3 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 - 3 cups cooked pasta of choice
- I like to add vegetables from our garden when in season: cherry tomatoes, diced yellow squash, bell peppers.
How it's done:
If you have time prep the chicken and veggies the night before but not required.
- Put chicken in a gallon bag, add salt, pepper, crushed red peppers and olive oil - put in refridgerator over night
- In a separate gallon bag add garlic, onions and any other veggies you want to add, italian seasoning - put in refridgerator over night
- When you are ready to cook, spray the inside of your crockpot with cooking spray or use a crockpot bag.
- Add chicken first, then add the mixture of garlic, onions and veggies
- Top with mushrooms, diced tomatoes and dry wine
- Cook in crockpot on low for 4- 5 hours
- Serve with pasta pasta of your choice. We like spaghetti, angel hair or fettuccine