Braised Chicken tomatoes, onions & mushrooms
This is an easy, yummy and healthy dinner - one of our favorites! Pairs beautifully with our Totally Naked Chardonnay or our Blackbird Merlot! Cheers!
What you'll need:
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cubed squash zuchinni or yellow or both!
How it's done:
- Season chicken with garlic salt and pepper and let sit for 20 - 30 mins
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and squash and cook for about 3 mins. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add chicken thighs to hot skillet and cook until browned, about 3 - 4 mins per side.
- Top chicken with onion and squash mixture. Add diced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 - 30 mins.
- Add a yummy casear salad or,
- Roasted green beans with parmesan